Archive for the 'copic markers for card makers' Category

Holiday Anya + VIDEOS!!!

Monday, October 20th, 2014

   Yes, you read that right! VIDEOS! I have 2 to share with you! They both have voice overs too! I know! I’m getting fancy schmancy! Really, my honey bought me a new webcam, mic, and video editing program (well, I bought them and then told him he bought them for me. 😉 ). I gave it a test run and boy oh boy do I have some immense respect for those who make weekly videos! Okay, well, the first program has a glitch with my video card so it didn’t work out too well. The second one, Adobe Premiere Elements 13, finished what the other couldn’t do in an afternoon. I’ve been working on these videos for over a week.

    Okay, anywhoo… I made up a card using Holiday Anya. This was my card for Day 10 of CMFCM, but the class is over and I missed being able to put it up in the gallery. (Stupid Pinnacle!) I even fixed some Copic mistakes (class topic) on this one without even “making” myself do it. 😉 I recently got this stamp from someone who was clearing out their craft room. Hey, if it saves me money and gives me more supplies, I’m ALL FOR IT! Okay…. Back on topic! She’s such a cute little stamp!


   The first video is on coloring her. I cut out a LOT! I’ve also got some good tips in there that I’ve learned in my many, many years of crafting! The second is on the making of the card. I actually made my own velvet flocked paper. 🙂 I used Doodlebug’s Ladybug flocking. This was MESSY!!! At first I didn’t like how the sentiment looked, but I like it now. Like I said in the video, putting a white border around something can give the eye a break when going from dark colors to busy backgrounds or busy backgrounds to busy backgrounds. I so really like how it came out. 🙂 Of course, I had to add Wink of Stella. Addicting marker! In the photo below, you can see it better. 🙂 Oh, and that GORGEOUS silver twine from Lawn Fawn!!!

VIDEOS


Copics Used:

Skin: E0000, E000, E00, E11; R00, R02
White: W00, W1, W3, 0
Red: R35, R37, R39, R59, R89
Green: G21, G43, G94, G99
Hair: YR31, YR23, Y23, E25, E31


Supplies Used:


CMFCM – Day 9

Wednesday, October 8th, 2014

DON’T FORGET ABOUT THE GIVEAWAY!!!
Click here to go to that post.

   I am so excited how today’s homework turned out! I’ve had this stamp for a couple of years and it has always intimidated me. I was always afraid that I would color the elephant too dark or that I wouldn’t color the bubbles right. Well, since I let my “inner cheerleader” out, I’ve been picking up all the intimidating stamps and know what? They don’t seem as intimidating!

   Day 10’s lesson was all about making backgrounds for behind your images. I’ve tried, but I’ve never been really happy with how things came out. Today, I’m totally happy with how it came out! I was even brave enough to turn the little flowers into a bush! 🙂

   I chose to not use a class image today because none of them had enough space (for me) for a background. So, I chose Blowing Bubbles by Lili of the Valley. I think he’s an adorable little elephant and this will make a great note card. 🙂


Copics Used:

Elephant: 0, C5, C3, C1, C00; R00
Flowers: BV01, BV04
Bubbles: B21, RV02, B41, YG03
Bush & ground: YG01, YG03, YG91, YG93, YG95, YG97, YG99
Sky: 0, BG10, B21, BG0000


Supplies Used:


CMFCM – Day 8

Monday, October 6th, 2014

DON’T FORGET ABOUT THE GIVEAWAY!!!
Click here to go to that post.

   I’m back again! This is the final week of class. There’s no more coloring tutorials. This day’s homework was actually to USE one of your practice images on a card! Making a card is the hardest part for me!

   A2 cards are not usually my thing, but I didn’t want to have to do any fancy die cutting, so I made it this size.

You should recognize her from the day I colored people. 🙂 I really like how this came out.

   I started out by making my own background using some flourish stamps, versa mark ink, and silver embossing powder. For the pink part, I used a Spellbinders die and left it in the die when I pulled it out of the machine. This let me trace around the inside of the die using a silver gel pen. 🙂 When I took it out of the die, I used a clear Wink of Stella marker on the outer rim.

Here you can kind of see the little silver line. I thought it added more elegance and helped separate it from the vellum.

I had to redo the interior at least 4 times. 😛 The first one, I accidentally got a thumb print on. The second was crooked and trying to straighten it ripped the paper. The third one, I just didn’t like. The 4th, the vellum warped really badly.


   I love how the little rhinestone completes the sentiment.


Supplies Used