* Monsters like to shake on their birthdays! *

Written on Thursday, May 21st, 2015

   I first had the idea for this card a couple months ago when I got the Oogles stamp set from The Alley Way Stamps. I colored up the blue monster and he just didn’t like how he turned out. He’s supposed to be going to a party and I had him all straight-laced. And he was lonely! No one wants to party alone for a birthday! Then, while I kept having other project jump in front of him, he kept nudging me and asking politely (all monsters are polite) if I could finish his party.

   At first, this was going to be a single layer image. Then, y’all know me, I started with the “what if’s”. After that, it became a challenge. I was thinking that sure, all these monsters are at a party, but monsters would REALLY party! You know, by throwing confetti??? So, the idea became a shaker card, but I wanted to keep my main image. To get the main image, I used my MISTI and did some masking. I think there were only 2 of the monsters from the Oogles stamp set that couldn’t make it. And, to top it all off, I wanted to make it no lines. Hey, I’m a glutton for punishment.

   I really like how the monsters turned out. The blue monster colored up a lot better in practice, but I still like him.


   Because these were clear stamps and I didn’t plan for it to be cut out, I had to hand cut inside the frame. This is where my trusty Xacto knife comes in handy, and my ginger scissors. I glued the main image down on to a transparency, then got glue all over it so I had to take it off and do it again. To do the foam for the shaker, I doubled up some foam tape that I had cut into 3/16″ strips (not perfectly, but workable). Then I went to town with my baby powder and dryer sheet. Apparently I STILL didn’t use them enough because some are still clinging. I stamped the greeting on the back panel of the shaker piece and then started filling the front. I went overboard. I used yellow stars, silver stars in 2 sizes, confetti, and 3 colors of micro beads.


    I wanted to keep the layout simple, to keep the main focus on the shaker part. I also stamped the balloons afterwards and fussy cut around them. Then I adhered them to the front panel with some quick drying adhesive. I took the silver thread and tied it around each little balloon piece. Then pulled it to the monster’s hand and tied a knot. I adhered the knot down using Multi Medium Matte. I also used this to seal the ends of the threads so they wouldn’t fray.

   For the inside, I wanted to keep it REALLY simple! I stamped my greetings on patterned paper and called it done. I figure they’ll be too busy looking at the front of the card anyway.


   It actually did turn out like I thought about in my head, so I’m pretty tickled right now. The little blue monster is pretty tickled too. He got a party AND got to hold the balloons. I hope you enjoyed my card. If you have any questions, please be sure to let me know.


Copics Used:

Blues: B21, B23, B24, B26, B28, B29
Greens: YG01, YG03, YG07, YG09, G09
Oranges: YR12, YR14, YR16, YR18
Yellows: Y08, Y13, Y17, Y38
Grays: T0, T1, T2, T3, T4, T5, T6


Supplies Used:




HUGS!


No commenting today, sorry...